Thursday, October 14, 2010

The random shots I've been taking in the blogosphere

Wow! With this Aaron Sorkin thing going viral I’ve been mentioned in any number of other websites. What an honor to see what other people are writing about me and just how well respected I am in the cyber community.

For the past 24 hours the film blog water cooler has been populated with chatter about Aaron Sorkin‘s response to the sexism criticisms against “The Social Network.” But I was very skeptical, for a few reasons. Even after I was told the blog belonged to a fellow TV writer it still didn’t make sense to me… Why would anyone feel the need to defend his work, let alone actually do so, on a relatively random Blogspot blog, to another commenter on that blog?

Random blog! Yes!!!

He finally chimed in on the comments section of Ken Levine's TV blog, of all places,

Of all places! What could make me feel more special than that?

Social Network writer Aaron Sorkin recently responded to criticism in the comments section of a small blog,

This person didn’t identify me but when you think “small blog” you naturally think of me.

When Ken Levine wrote his review of 'The Social Network,' he might not have expected Aaron Sorkin, the writer of the movie, would be one of his commenters. More importantly (and strangely), Sorkin chose this outlet to respond to the complaints about how women were portrayed in 'The Social Network,'

Yeah, when you think of strange occurrences, what could be more bizarre than someone of note contributing to this site?

Okay, to be 1000% honest, I'm not at all mad.  I find this whole experience hilarious.  All part of the viral ride and I'm enjoying every minute of it... even the ignominious ones.  

And hey, I may not have ten million people but you’re reading this. And that’s good enough for me.

Blog Archive