Sunday, September 26, 2010

How do you upload photos in Blogger without wanting to kill someone?

Seems I’m not the only one on Blogger up in arms over their new posting operating system. Pictures in particular are now a nightmare to load. There are bugs galore in this new system. (Who do they hire to diligently test these things? Guys being chased by bounty hunters? )

And then I have the added tiny problem that I’m a computer retard.

To be clear:  If I'm on Firefox I can't upload pictures.  It just keeps saying server error.  I can on Safari but it's very unwieldy. 

First thing I did was try to find Blogger tech help. Good luck. If such a thing even does exist I suspect it’s easier to find Osama Bin Laden than their phone number. Or an email address. Or someone who has a cousin who has a friend who once was in the lobby of Google.

I clicked on Blogger Help. This takes me to FAQs and instructions on how to add ads.

Next I sought out forums. This meant sifting through thousands of people with problems. Everything from why did my blog disappear to how come the comments I get are really stupid?

I was heartened to see though that many other poor schmucks were having my problem.  But since there’s no tech help per se who reads these other than other frustrated bloggers? It has the same feel as “letters to Santa”.

The theory of course is that people ask questions and others answer. But this is what I found: Someone reports a problem and there are seven replies all saying “Yeah, me too.” And below each one a little icon that asks if this answer was helpful or not. Uh.. NO.

But every so often a helpful person will try to offer a solution. And here’s where that retard issue I have holds me back a little – I have no fucking clue what they are saying! An example: Someone was complaining that with this new ersatz system they were having trouble displaying photos side by side. And a good Samaritan offered this answer:


Okay, by the second < >  I raced down to the liquor store and became Nicholas Cage in LEAVING LAS VEGAS, just going through the aisles filling a shopping cart.

Hopefully this photo loading problem will be resolved. Hopefully, Blogger even knows it exists. They could monitor the help forum but I’m taking no chances. There’s this blog post and I’ll probably mention it six or seven times today on Dodger Talk.

This is very serious.   I'd like to think readers come to this blog for the content.  But I'm not an idiot.  They come for the photos.

Blog Archive